here are a few facts on the shard:
The Shard is 1,016ft (309.6m) high.
– The building reached its top height on June 19.
– It has 11,000 glass panels.
There are 72 occupiable floors.
The ground floor Shard Plaza will be a public area with seating and planting.
– The second floor will be a 5,000 sq ft retail space will a variety of retail units opening out onto the concourse of London Bridge Station.
– The fourth to 28th floors will have 595,000 sq ft of office and winter gardens.
– The 31st to 33rd floors will have 29,000 sq ft of international restaurants, centred around a triple height atrium.
– The 34th to 52nd floors will house the Shangri-La Hotel and Spa, with 200 luxuriously appointed rooms across have 192,000 sq ft.
– The 53rd to 65th floors will have 10 exclusive residences with 360 degree views across London over a total of 62,000 sq ft.
– The 68th to 72nd floors will be the public observation galleries. The 15,000 sq ft View from The Shard will open in February 2013.