– Coming out of the SummerSlam weekend events in Los Angeles, word from sources is that Steve Austin will indeed be wrestling one more match with WWE but that match most likely will not take place at WrestleMania 29 in 2013.
Austin’s final match isn’t expected to happen until WrestleMania 30 in 2014.
The story is that Austin won’t come back for anything but a WrestleMania main event. Those familiar with Austin’s situation note that he’s not physically or mentally ready for the match to take place next year.
– People were saying their goodbyes to Chris Jericho over the weekend at SummerSlam and last night’s RAW. Jericho’s attitude about leaving was mostly nonchalant as he was telling people he had other goals to reach and that he would be back to WWE.
– As noted before, Jim Ross recently filmed a sitdown interview with CM Punk and Steve Austin for the WWE ’13 video game. The interview was designed to be like the Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels DVD interview from last year.
Austin and Punk talked about who would win between the two in real life and how that would play into WWE ’13. While there is a lot of respect between Austin and Punk, it’s said that they put on a lot of heat and tension for the cameras. There’s still no word yet on when or where theinterview will air.
With the appearance on last night’s RAW, it looks like Paul Heyman has signed some sort of contract extension with WWE. Heyman’s original deal was set to expire with his appearance at Sunday’s SummerSlam pay-per-view.
– Sean Waltman had high praise for new WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro. Waltman tweeted:
“BTW @AntonioCesaro is possibly present money, Definitely future and long term money. Make no mistake about it.”
– Regarding the rematch between Brock Lesnar and Triple H, one WWE source notes that the date of Survivor Series is not a lock but that’s likely when it will take place. The source adds that he wouldn’t be surprised to see the match pushed back to Royal Rumble.
– WWE’s website spoke with Alberto Del Rio after his loss to Randy Orton on last night’s RAW. Del Rio vented and said he would be the next World Champion on Friday after having a talk with Booker T. Del Rio said he’s not going to sit around and wait.
– Dolph Ziggler responded to Chris Jericho’s earlier tweets after RAW:
“@IAmJericho you are one of the best ever & im better just for being in the ring with you, but its just my time”
– WWE’s website also caught up with Chris Jericho after RAW last night. Jericho said it was surreal that he was leaving the company he has given his all to. Jericho added that he doesn’t want to leave but will have to devote his energy into other things. Jericho said hopefully it won’t be long before he’s able to return in some capacity. Jericho thanked the fans and said he loves everyone.
WWE has announced that actor Dominic Monaghan will be the Social Media Ambassador for next week’s RAW from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Monaghan stars in WWE Studios’ movie The Day, which comes out next week. From WWE:
Tonight’s WWE SmackDown tapings take place from the Rabobank Arena in Bakersfield, California. Confirmed for tonight’s show is the fallout from SummerSlam with General ManagerBooker T responding to Alberto Del Rio’s formal complaint about how his match ended.
Shawn Michaels says he’s going back to normal life now that the Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar SummerSlam program is finished. HBK tweeted after making an appearance via satellite on RAW last night:
“Well, the upside is this…the noisy trucks are gone & tomorrow I go back to my life of ranching,family & #MRA…one handed for a while!!”