The crowd finally calms down so Bret can speak. Bret says last time he was in Montreal was one of the darkest days but also one of the proudest. Bret thanks the Montreal fans. Cult of Personality hits and out comes WWE Champion CM Punk.
Punk talks about Bret’s book and says he doesn’t have the ego to every write a book about himself. Punk asks what if he would have wrestled Bret at the Survivor Series instead of Shawn Michaels. Bret says it wouldn’t have mattered. Bret says the fans know Bret would have tied Punk up like a pretzel in the Sharpshooter. Punk says he doesn’t believe Bret and Bret doesn’t even believe himself. Punk says he is the best. He wouldn’t have needed Vince McMahon to screw anyone for him. Punk says Vince would have never screwed Bret, the precious Attitude era would have never been born and he would have jumped ship to WCW so WWE would be dead by now. Bret mocks Punk’s line and says he’s the best there is, was and ever will be. Punk is amazed that Bret still calls himself that. Punk takes a shot at Jerry Lawler. Bret says at least Lawler never walked out of the ring like a coward. Bret shows us footage from last week when Punk laid out Lawler and took the night off.
They also show the footage of Punk driving off with Paul Heyman. Punk says he was in his hometown and returned to the arena to get some things he forgot when he saw John Cena out there. Punk wonders if Cena is in the back watching right now. Punk gets in Bret’s face and wonders if Cena is going to make the save for Bret tonight. They start arguing about respect now. Punk brings up that he’s been WWE Champion longer than Bret ever was. Punk says on Sunday he will cement his legacy as greatest WWE Champion of all-time. Punks says Bret is over hyped and over rated. Punk says on Sunday he will put Cena to sleep. Bret makes a joke about Punk putting the fans to sleep and this upsets him. Punk says he is going to beat Cena into an empty shell of a man, just like Bret is. Punk drops the mic and exits the ring as the crowd chants “asshole” at him. Punk raises the belt up and screams best in the world as his music plays and he heads up the ramp.
– Still to come tonight, Bret will interview Cena in the ring. We go to commercial.
– The Twitter poll for tonight will let fans pick the opponent for CM Punk – Brodus Clay, Randy Orton or Jerry Lawler. The hashtag options are #PunkBrodus, #PunkLawler and #PunkOrton.
The Miz and Antonio Cesaro vs. Kofi Kingston and R-Truth
We go to the ring and out come the WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston and R-Truth. Out next comes WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz followed by his partner United States Champion Antonio Cesaro with Aksana. Aksana introduces Cesaro and he says “prestige” in 5 different languages.
Kofi and Miz start things out. Kofi takes control and tags in Kofi for some double teaming. Cesaro comes in but the champs clean house. Kofi leaps off Truth’s back and takes out the other two on the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cesaro is in control of Truth. Miz comes in and drops Truth for a pin attempt. Miz continues and hits the big running clothesline in the corner. Miz goes to the top and comes down with a big shot for 2. Truth turns it around with a dropkick to the jaw. Kofi tags in as does Cesaro. Kofi unloads with kicks, a dropkick and a big right hand. Kofi hits the Boom Drop. Kofi ends up with a crossbody off the top for 2 as Miz breaks the pin. Truth dumps Miz but gets sent tot he floor by Cesaro. Cesaro rolls Kofi up for 2. Kofi connects with Trouble in Paradise on Cesaro for the win.
Winners: Kofi Kingston and R-Truth
– We see a replay from last week where Sheamus hit Ricardo Rodriguez with a Brogue Kick. Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler talk about how Booker T came to ban the Brogue Kick on SmackDown. We get footage from Friday’s show.
– Sheamus is backstage talking with Bret Hart as we go back to commercial.
– We see footage from earlier today at WWE headquarters. Sheamus is in a room with his lawyer, David Otunga, Ricardo Rodriguez and some other legal types. Sheamus tells a joke and Otunga gets upset. Otunga grills Sheamus about using the Brogue Kick and using it on Ricardo Rodriguez. Sheamus admits he did and says he would do it again. Otunga has a photo of Sheamus kicking referee Chad Patton earlier in the year. Otunga goes on with the deposition but Sheamus is getting bored. Sheamus ends up taking out the camera and singing a song. Pretty pointless segment. Still to come tonight, Otunga vs. Sheamus.
– Cole plugs the Twitter poll for Punk’s opponent. Back to commercial.
Eve Torres, Kaitlyn and Layla vs. Beth Phoenix, Alicia Fox and Natalya
Back from commercial and out comes Kaitlyn, Eve Torres and WWE Divas Champion Layla. Eve is trying to play nice and be friends as they head to the ring. Their opponents are out next – Beth Phoenix, Alicia Fox and Natalya.
Kaitlyn locks up with Beth to start the match. Beth rams her back in the corner and elbows her in the face. Kaitlyn turns it around with shoulder thrusts. Kaitlyn counters with a clothesline and a shoulder off the ropes. Kaitlyn hits an uppercut and Beth tags in Natalya. They double team Kaitlyn and Natalya covers for 2. Natalya slaps Kaitlyn and Alicia kicks her in the back. Natalya with another slam and pin attempt. Alicia tags in now.
Alicia with a suplex and a pin. Alicia gets hung up in the corner and in comes Layla. Layla unloads on Alicia and hits a crossbody for 2. Layla kicks Alicia in the face and Eve tags herself in. Eve comes in and kicks Alicia before hitting the neckbreaker for the win.
Winner: Eve, Layla and Kaitlyn
– After the match, Eve celebrates with Layla and Kaitlyn but they’re bothered by her stealing the win. Cole and Lawler plug Layla vs. Kaitlyn for Night of Champions.
– RAW General Manager AJ Lee is backstage when CM Punk walks in. He’s upset that he has a match tonight and John Cena doesn’t. Punk also isn’t happy that the fans are picking his opponent tonight. Punk taunts her. AJ says things could be worse. She could make him face Sheamus. She says since he walked out on the people last week, they will pick his fate this week. She walks off and Punk turns around to a smiling Brodus Clay. Back to commercial.
CM Punk vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and out comes WWE Champion CM Punk to the ring. Michael Cole stands up and announces Punk’s opponent – Randy Orton. Orton comes out to a big pop.
The bell rings and they lock up. Punk drops Orton first with a shoulder. They lock up again and Punk with another shoulder. Orton comes back with a big hip toss and sends Punk to the corner. Orton with a headlock now. Punk fights out with knees in the corner. Punk kicks Orton down and stands on him. Punk stomps and hits a backbreaker for a 1 count. Punk with another headlock now. Orton fights out and takes Punk to the corner. Orton goes for a RKO but Punk slides out and goes to the floor. Punk starts walking up the ramp as the referee counts. Orton chases him up the ramp and lays him out. Orton fights Punk back to the ring now.
Punk drops Orton over the top coming back in the ring and Orton lands on the floor. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Punk is working Orton over. Punk with another pin attempt. Punk scoop slams Orton and drops another leg before another 2 count. Punk goes up top for the big elbow drop but Orton kicks the ropes. Orton with right hands while Punk sits up top. Orton climbs up for a superplex and nails it. They trade shots from their knees in the middle of the ring now.
Orton with two clotheslines and a big back drop. Orton goes for the draping DDT but Punk kicks him in the side of the head. Punk springboards in with a clothesline for 2. Punk calls for GTS and waits for Orton to get up. Orton fights out and Punk blocks the RKO. Orton hits the backbreaker and covers for 2. Orton takes Punk back to the apron and hits the draping DDT. Orton readies for the RKO when Dolph Ziggler runs in for the DQ.
Winner by DQ: Randy Orton
– After the bell, Orton powerslams Ziggler and waits for him to get up. Punk attacks but Orton slams him also. Orton waits on Punk to get up but Ziggler attacks him from behind. Punk and Ziggler beat Orton down until Jerry Lawler rushes in for the save. Lawler is in his gear because he was an option to wrestle earlier. Orton and Lawler clear the ring and take the fight to the floor as we go to commercial.
Randy Orton and Jerry Lawler vs. CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler
Back from the break and Orton is in control of Ziggler in the ring. During the break, AJ Lee made the tag match. Vickie Guerrero is at ringside now. Orton fights back and takes Ziggler down. Lawler comes in and hits Ziggler with a dropkick. Lawler with the right hand from the ropes. Lawler hits a second fist and covers Ziggler for 2.
Ziggler dropkicks Lawler and turns it around. Ziggler with an elbow drop and a pin attempt. Ziggler with a headlock as he taunts Orton. Ziggler shoves Lawler over and struts around him. Ziggler with another elbow for 2. Lawler finally hits a backdrop on Ziggler and breaks free. Orton tags in and unloads on Ziggler with clotheslines and a slam. Orton goes for the draping DDT but Ziggler backdrops him to the floor. Paul Heyman comes walking down the ramp. He has a private conversation with Punk at ringside.
Vickie screams at Punk and Heyman about a match being in progress. They ignore her and continue their conversation. Heyman takes the WWE Title and hands it to Punk. We hear them talking about good restaurants in Montreal. The match continues with Ziggler rolling Orton up for 2. Orton hits the RKO and covers for the win.
Winners: Randy Orton and Jerry Lawler
– After the match, Punk and Heyman walk off together, still having their conversation.
– Still to come tonight, Bret Hart will interview John Cena. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Matt Striker approaches Paul Heyman and CM Punk backstage. Striker asks about their relationship and Punk says he’s a Paul Heyman guy.
– We get a sentimental look back at the hugging between Kane and Daniel Bryan last week.
– Kane is backstage with Daniel Bryan. Bryan says he heard Kane wanted to say something. Kane heard the same thing about Bryan. Dr. Shelby, the anger management teacher, appears and then AJ walks in. AJ and the instructor got together and brought them here. Shelby has something planned that might save Kane and Bryan or ruin them. We go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Heath Slater is in the ring talking about Zack Ryder. Slater wants his rematch. Ryder appears on the big screen and introduces Slater’s opponent.
Ryback vs. Heath Slater
Ryback makes his way out to the ring as Slater looks on.
The bell rings and Ryback sends Slater out to the floor. Slater comes back in and gets shoved to the mat. Slater with a right hand but Ryback responds with a bigger right hand. Slater fights back and tries for a weak pin attempt. Slater with kicks that just upset Ryback. Another pin attempt by Slater. Slater talks trash and Ryback runs over him with a clothesline. Ryback hits the front slam and then the powerbomb before Shellshocked for the win.
– AJ has called Darren Young and Titus O’Neil into her office. She says there’s been a mistake – they aren’t the #1 contenders to the tag team titles. AJ says they haven’t beaten every team but they will get a chance to tonight. The new team is Kane and Daniel Bryan. Back to commercial.
Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Titus O’Neil and Darren Young
We go to the ring and out first comes Daniel Bryan. Kane is out next followed by their opponents, Titus O’Neil and Darren Young.
Kane and Bryan argue to start the match but Kane starts off with Titus. Titus goes in but Kane clotheslines him and takes it to the corner. Kane tags in Bryan. Bryan with kicks to Titus in the corner. Bryan ducks a clothesline and goes for a roll up but it’s blocked. Young tags himself in and drops Bryan for two pin attempts in a row. Titus tags back in and they double team Bryan for another pin attempt. Titus scoop slams Bryan and works him over some more.
They keep Bryan in their corner with more double teaming and 2 counts. Titus tags in and suplexes Young onto Bryan. Titus taunts Kane and chokes Bryan on the ropes. Bryan fights back with kicks and an uppercut. Titus cuts him off with a backbreaker for a 2 count. Titus yells at Bryan to get up but stomps away some more. Titus with a headlock now. Young comes back in and goes at it with Bryan. Bryan tries for a comeback but Young takes him back to the mat with a headlock. Young with a knee drop and another headlock. Bryan finally fights out with kicks and suplexes Young.
Bryan goes to the top for a headbutt but misses. Young takes Bryan back to the mat. Something has been going on at ringside. Jerry Lawler is no longer on commentary and the fans were distracted for several minutes. Cole was also quiet for a minute or two. The match goes on and Kane ends up chokeslamming Bryan on top of Young for the win.
Winners and New #1 Contenders: Kane and Daniel Bryan
– We get a look at earlier tonight where CM Punk confronted Bret Hart. Still to come tonight, Bret will interview Cena. Back to commercial.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Tyson Kidd
Back from the break and Tyson Kidd and Alberto Del Rio is up next. Ricardo Rodriguez watches from ringside and he’s still wearing the neck brace. They go back and forth for several minutes and Del Rio gets the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– After the match, Del Rio cuts a promo on Night of Champions.
– We go ringside to a concerned Michael Cole. Cole confirms that Jerry Lawler passed out at ringside several minutes ago and is receiving medal attention backstage. Cole says they are performing CPR backstage as we speak and there will be an update later. Cole is very shaken up as we go back to commercial.
Sheamus vs. David Otunga
Back from the break and out comes Sheamus. Cole is quiet as they show graphics on the screen with no commentary. David Otunga is out next.
The match starts and there’s no commentary. Otunga takes control and taunts Sheamus, slapping him. Sheamus gets upset and unloads on Otunga, dropping knees and kicking him out of the ring. Sheamus with the forearms on the apron and the Texas Cloverleaf for the submission win. There was no commentary the entire match.
– After the match, we get a glimpse of Cole sitting at ringside. Sheamus comes back to the ring and lays Otunga out with a Brogue Kick. AJ Lee comes out but is quickly interrupted by Booker T. Booker is upset at Sheamus using the banned move. Booker announces that if Sheamus chooses to use the move before his investigation is over, then he will be stripped of the World Heavyweight Title.
– Rey Mysterio is backstage talking with Bret Hart as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a look at what happened with Kane and Daniel Bryan. There’s still no voiceovers done. We see a Tout video from Kofi Kingston and R-Truth. They’re ready for Kane and Bryan at Night of Champions.
– Bryan and Kane walk into a room where Shelby is backstage. They argue about the match and winning the #1 contendership.
– We get graphics hyping the Night of Champions matches.
– We go back to a shaken up Cole at ringside. He says this is not part of tonight’s entertainment. Cole says Lawler has been taken to a local hospital and is receiving oxygen. Cole adds that Lawler is breathing on his own but it’s an extremely serious situation. Cole says out of respect, there will be no more commentary tonight.
Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes
We go to commercial as Rey Mysterio makes his way out to the ring.
Back from the break and out comes Mysterio’s opponent Cody Rhodes. They go back and forth until Cody hits Rey with several knees to the gut. Cody with a knee to the face and a 2 count. Cody continues the attack until Rey dumps him out to the floor. Rey runs the apron and hits a head scissors on the floor.
They come back in and Cody argues with the referee about the count. Cody stomps away. Cody charges in the corner but Rey moves and he hits his shoulder. Rey with another takedown and the bulldog for 2. Rey with a big kick to the face and another pin attempt. Rey goes to the top for a senton. Cody catches him in a powerbomb attempt but Rey slides out. Rey dropkicks Cody into the ropes. The Miz runs down and Rey kicks him off the apron. Cody takes advantage and hits Cross Rhodes for the win.
Winner: Cody Rhodes
– After the match, The Miz enters the ring and grabs Rey. Cody stops him and drops Miz with Cross Rhodes. Cody grabs the Intercontinental Title and raises it high in the air. Cody throws the belt on Miz and leaves.
– We see John Cena walking backstage as we go to commercial.
– We come back to Cole at ringside. He goes over what happened to Lawler again. Cole reports that Lawler is more responsive but is being held in an isolated emergency room area awaiting a CT scan. Back to a quick commercial.
– We come right back and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart to the ring. Bret introduces the man that will face CM Punk on Sunday – John Cena.
Cena thanks Bret for the opportunity to be interviewed. Bret says he sees a lot of himself in Cena and a lot of the old Shawn Michaels in Punk. Cena gets boos from the crowd when he goes to speak. A “you can’t wrestle” chant breaks out. Cena admits he couldn’t even lace Bret’s boots. Cena says Punk is nothing but an insecure dude who has to always tell you how good he is. Cena says HBK earned respect because he stood for something. Bret asks Cena what he’s going to do to shut Punk up. Bret calls Punk a phony. Punk appears and comes walking to the ramp. Punk has a problem with Bret calling him a phony. Cena chimes in and calls Punk a phony also. Cena says Punk can either stay up there or come to the ring.
Punk calls Cena the biggest phony in WWE history. Punk walks to the ring and enters while knocking Cena and Hart. Punk says you can’t compare him to the old or the new Shawn Michaels because he is better than Michaels. Austin asks Bret if he remembers the hillbilly he made pass out at WrestleMania 13, Steve Austin. Punk says he’s better than him too. Punk gets in Cena’s face and says he’s better than The Rock too. Punk says he did in one night what Cena couldn’t do in an entire calendar year. Punk says he’s the best wrestler, the best talker, the best technician, the best brawler. Punk says this because he is this and that makes him anything but a phony, he says.
Cena says Punk has been WWE Champion for 300 days and for 300 days the title has been irrelevant. Cena says Punk has watched main events pass him by. Cena says Punk thinks there is a conspiracy against him but really there is no him. Cena says Punk has been here for years but his biggest night was when his mic was cut. Cena says the only change Punk wanted was for him to be a star. Cena says Punk doesn’t even know who CM Punk is. Cena goes on and talks in French. Punk rips him for it and things get intense. Punk draws back at Bret and Cena stops him. Cena takes off his shirt and readies to fight. Punk goes at Bret again but Bret drops him with a right hand, sending the WWE Champion out to the floor. Cena and Bret celebrate as Bret’s music plays.
– We go to Michael Cole. He says Jerry Lawler’s condition has stabilized, he is breathing on his own and his heart is beating on its own. Cole goes over what happened to Lawler earlier tonight. Cole reiterates that Lawler’s condition has stabilized. Lawler is being prepared for a CT scan of his head and chest. Cole asks for thoughts and prayers. We see Cena and Bret celebrating at ringside as RAW goes off the air.
Jerry Lawler Suffers Heart Attack in Montreal live footage Raw 9/10/12
– Former WWE Superstar Chris Jericho commented on Lawler via Twitter:
“Best wishes and prayers to @JerryLawler one of my favorite people in the WWE. King has been a champion for 40 yrs and he’ll beat this too!”
– Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez of F4Wonline.com are reporting the following details on Lawler early Tuesday morning:
* Lawler wrestled both Friday and Saturday nights in Aruba before heading back to the States and flying to Montreal for RAW yesterday. People with Lawler over the weekend said he had no signs of health problems
* Lawler, still listed in stable condition, had either some kind of heart surgery or a Cardiac catheterization, reports are conflicting. Cardiac catheterization is where a catheter is inserted into a chamber in the heart for investigational and interventional purposes
* There was some concern about blood being cut off to Lawler’s brain and potential damage from that
* While Lawler’s condition is stable, it’s described as still a very serious situation
* Vince McMahon was said to be right by Lawler’s side through the entire ordeal
– While everyone was more worried for Jerry Lawler at RAW last night, some were talking about how it took a lot of professionalism for John Cena, CM Punk and Bret Hart to pull off the main event segment knowing what was going on backstage. Michael Cole was talked about in the same regard.
– WWE Diva Tamina Snuka has been teasing something new for her on Twitter. She wrote the following teaser after last night’s Divas match on RAW:
“The Divas tag match tonight on #RAW was interesting tho somethings missing…#TheChaoticExoticOne #PrepareYourselves”
– We noted before that it’s believed eventually WWE will have Vince McMahon fire AJ Lee and Booker T from their General Manager jobs before bringing in a top name to run both shows.
There are rumblings now that Ric Flair may be brought in to run both RAW and SmackDown. It’s also been rumored that Flair may be brought in to work with Dolph Ziggler in place of Vickie Guerrero.
– After RAW went off the air, John Cena and Bret Hart hung around ringside for around 10 minutes with the fans. One sports journalist who was at ringside asked Hart about Jerry Lawler’s condition and Hart told him that Lawler was in really bad shape.
– Jerry Lawler’s heart attack at RAW last night has been picked up by several mainstream media outlets including FOX, CNN, the Associated Press and others.
– The mood backstage at RAW last night was a very tense one. When the scare with Jerry Lawler first happened, nobody was paying attention to the show and a lot of the crew were in groups praying.
More than one source is reporting that EMT’s backstage saved Lawler’s life. That gives you an idea of how serious Lawler’s condition was. People were talking about how it’s a good thing Lawler had the scare at a WWE event where proper medical staff were able to treat him and save his life. Lawler just returned from an independent wrestling tour of Aruba where things could have been different.
At last word, Lawler was listed in stable condition at the cardiac ICU of a local Montreal hospital. A fan in attendance at RAW noted that there are several hospitals within 15 minutes of the arena.
– One-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston wrote the following on Twitter last night after Kane and Daniel Bryan became the new #1 contenders:
“Kane and Daniel Bryan at Night of Champions… This is going to be interesting. Me and @RonKillings are up for the challenge though!”
– Based on the 2013 DVD listing that WWE released yesterday, they will be changing up the pay-per-view schedule next year. Over the Limit will now take place in the fall of 2013 instead of spring. The pay-per-view slot formerly held by Over the Limit is currently listed as “PPV TBD.”
– Even before Jerry Lawler suffered a heart attack at last night’s RAW in Montreal, there were several timing issues and script re-writes in the 8pm hour. Bret Hart was apparently “all over” last night’s show but ended up having some stuff edited out. Apparently WWE also edited out more skits with Kane, Daniel Bryan and Dr. Shelby.
– WWE Hall of Famer Hacksaw Jim Duggan won the Extreme Wrestling Federation’s Midwestern Championship this weekend at a show in Indiana.
– WWE’s website is currently featuring Vince McMahon’s emotional address and all matchesfrom the September 13, 2001 SmackDown episode – the largest public assembly of its size since the 9/11 terrorist attacks just two days earlier.
– Booker T declared on last night’s RAW that if Sheamus chooses to use the banned Brogue Kick until Booker’s investigation is completed, then he will be stripped of the World Heavyweight Title. WWE.com spoke to Sheamus after RAW. Sheamus talked about how unfair the ruling was and brought up how much damage Alberto Del Rio’s cross armbreaker has done.
– WWE’s website also caught up with Alberto Del Rio after he defeated Tyson Kidd on RAW. Del Rio said he has a surprise for Friday’s SmackDown. Del Rio added that he has someone “in his pocket” who also has a problem with Sheamus and the Brogue Kick.
– Here are more comments from people on Twitter about Jerry Lawler:
Velvet Sky: “Just did Piper’s Pit with Jerry Lawler in Aruba on Friday and he seemed to be in great health so I know he will pull through this”
AJ Lee: “Thinking of Lawler. I’m sure he’d appreciate all of your well wishes. Stay strong, King.”
William Regal: “My best wishes go out to Jerry Lawler and his family.”
Jim Ross: “4 skeptics, @JerryLawler heart attack was REAL. NOT showbiz. He’s in cardiac ICU in Montreal. My friend will ‘kick out.’ Believe it. I do.”
“It’s possible via my own experiences Jerry Lawler may have had blocked arteries associated w/ his heart. That matter can be addressed. TBD”
“Never take 1 day of your life 4 granted. Said it many times, tomorrows aren’t guaranteed. Kings heart attack being treated. Lucky man so far”
– Following Jerry Lawler’s heart attack at RAW last night in Montreal, WWE did not let the fans know that the Pat Patterson Appreciation Night festivities were being postponed until about 10 minutes before the main event segment with CM Punk, Bret Hart and John Cena. They did note that it was postponed but there’s no word yet on when it will take place.
WWE aired three videos throughout the night with comments on Patterson from former and current stars. One fan in attendance noted that nobody there was in the mood to celebrate anything after what happened to Lawler.
– WWE’s website is now streaming footage from RAW live during commercial breaks.
– WWE will return to the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida on January 8th for a SmackDown taping.
– Last Friday’s WWE SmackDown scored a 1.95 cable rating, up from the previous week’s 1.89 rating. Friday’s show averaged 2.95 million viewers.
– WWE officials were so impressed with the hugging segment between Kane and Daniel Bryan last week on RAW that they made the two #1 contenders to the WWE Tag Team Titles. As oftwo weeks ago, the Night of Champions pay-per-view was set to feature Kane vs. Bryan in asingles match with Kofi & Truth defending their titles against Titus O’Neil & Darren Young.
TMZ posted the following photo of Jerry Lawler being taken away on a stretcher after collapsing at RAW in Montreal on Monday night:
PWInsider reports that Jerry Lawler flew to Montreal from working weekend independent wrestling shows in Aruba so he did have a long day of travel before wrestling and working RAW.
A fan at ringside noted that it sounded like Lawler began snoring right before he collapsed. Before that, Lawler communicated with a ringside employee. Lawler grabbed his arm and turned blue as he fell, which could be signs of a heart attack. EMT’s and WWE doctors tended to Lawler immediately. His shirt was ripped open so they could begin medical assistance. Lawler was rushed backstage via stretcher and then taken to a local hospital via ambulance.
After Lawler was taken away, the WWE ring crew quickly cleaned up at ringside as it appeared Lawler may have gotten sick before he collapsed.